Sunday, January 22, 2012

Trail of thoughts

Sticky situations

I was extra cautious for some meetings recently I had to attain, avoided differences of opinion and came out clean. This was a conscious effort. Then for obvious reasons I was cheerful, left my caution and went to places which were soft zones for me. And exactly there I ended up creating sticky situations. Such is life and sticky situations doesn't come with warning signs. I will lie if I say it doesn't bother or hurt me and a big chunk goes in learning to live with these.

Lies

On talking about lies with J and asking her if or when she lies, she genuinely told that she feels like lying or lies when she is scared. I got the message very clearly. And it is so true even for an adult. Isn't it?

Scare

Scare or panic is integral to living, in equal parts to happiness. 'Scare' is a state of mind and some people might feel it more than others. I personally feel uncertainties of life bring in more scare  and if we make peace with those uncertainties which we cannot control, helps. For me, talking with others helps too. Little reassurance gives lots of comfort. I have noticed scare has personal and social nature. Road rage is a social scare in India. I have talked with several people (office colleague, neighbours etc.) and have noticed  everyone feel scared crossing the roads in Indian cities, to some extent. So this gives a shared feeling. Personal scare are the ones which are difficult to come out of. A sound board and time can help a lot for this.

Time

Time is the best healer and calms down several ripples but in life there remains certain issues which don't phase out. Which remains constant. Which are like tides, sometimes we get flooded by them, sometimes we stay above them. 


Life

Recently some quotes for life from a famous humorist are intriguing me a lot. 

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.

You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment